|Why Mylar? Mylar is widely accepted as the best way to store and preserve paper-based collectibles. In fact, the U.S. Library of Congress uses only Mylar and other approved Polyester films to preserve their paper documents.|
Mylar will never yellow or put harmful materials into the item it is protecting. As an added benefit, Mylar has a superior brilliance and clarity that truly showcases your collection!
Here are the details on our Mylar FDC (First Day Cover) Sleeve:
- Museum quality
- Holds FDCs (first day covers), #6 envelopes and other similarly-sized collectibles (see a complete list of our Mylar Sleeves)
- Approximate measurements: 3-15/16" x 6-7/8" plus a
- Sleeve is open on both short ends and has a fold-over flap on one of the long ends (this is the design preferred by the Library of Congress). The item is completely covered, and the stiffness of the Mylar sleeve holds the item securely in place.
- Archival quality, no PVC, acid-free
- Sleeves are crystal clear (you won't find a clearer sleeve anywhere!)
- Manufactured in the USA from 3 mil Mylar/Polyester*
- Sold in packs of 50
- Our item number: MFDC